We know how hard it is to leave your best friend at home. Which is why we are happy to welcome your furry friend at our pet-friendly hotel in Northern California. We want you to enjoy your time on vacation with your canine companion, and our hotel is happy to welcome all well-behaved dogs. A fee of $25 per night/per dog applies when you stay in one of our pet-friendly guest rooms. A maximum of two dogs per room, please.
Northern CA Pet-Friendly Hotel
Our goal is to make sure you and your pet have the best experience possible, which is why we have chosen not to sacrifice style, standards or comfort in our pet-friendly rooms. These accommodations were simply chosen because their conveniences are well-suited for pet owners. Since all of these rooms have private exterior entrances, you will find it easy to take your dog out to explore the many great features of the property. Our canine guests love walking around the gardens, swimming in the pond, and sitting by the fire pit. Our outdoor guest kitchen allows you to cook meals onsite and not leave your dog in the car.
If you want to venture out with your furry friend, Placerville is a very pet-friendly community with:
- Miles of dog-friendly hiking trails to explore, from Folsom Lake to Lake Tahoe
- Several local eateries which allow pets on their outside patios including Smith Flat House
- Nearby wineries and breweries that welcome your pooch while you taste
- Historic parks to learn about Gold Country
- Quaint downtown shops with water bowls and treats waiting!
If you have forgotten anything for your best friend at home, don’t worry! We’re happy to provide dog beds and towels, food and water bowls, and grain-free pet snacks and food – just ask!
We ask that you comply and sign a copy of our pet policies while on the property.
- A fee of $25 per night/per dog applies with a maximum of two dogs per room, please.
- Dogs must be fully and completely housebroken (no pee pads) and at least one year old.
- Please keep your dog on a leash while on the property.
- Please do not leave the property without your pet.
- Please leave your pet in your room while you have breakfast. If this is not possible, please discuss options with the innkeeper.
- Please feed your pet on a bare floor and not on a rug. We are happy to provide you a mat to put under their food if needed.
- Please keep your pet off the bed and furniture. In some cases, extra cleaning charges may be applied.
- Bring your pet into and out of your room through your outside door.
- Pets are not permitted in the inn’s interior common areas.
- Dogs are welcome to swim in the pond. Please use the dog towels provided to dry your pet and not the guest room towels.
- Please do not bathe your pet in the soaking tub or shower.
- Please use the natural field areas between the main parking area and the Poultry Palace when your pet needs to relieve themselves. You’ll find a Pet Station with poop bags and a trash can on site. If they accidentally do it in the manicured garden area please pick up after them.
- Please be respectful of the inn’s dog, Sam, any other dogs who are guests, and other people. Some guests may not be comfortable with dogs and we will try to inform you when we know of any issues or challenges.
If you feel your pet may do damage to anything in your room please let us know and we will remove the item. That includes furniture, rugs, mats, and bedding. The fee you paid is for normal use of the room by your canine companion. If there is anything damaged beyond normal use please let us know and we will determine if an additional charge is due. Usually, we can ameliorate most pet mistakes by letting us know as soon as one happens. You will be charged for any damage not reported.