Imagine a getaway in the serenity of nature: no bustling streets, no cars honking their horns, and no frustrating noise from nearby construction. Rather, you only hear the pleasant sound of birds chirping and water gently flowing down a crystal clear river.
This doesn’t have to be a dream: make a trip to our lovely city of Placerville, CA, for a relaxing outdoor escape. Our serene area offers so many outdoor activities near Sacramento that allow you to reconnect with the environment and the El Dorado County, or as we like to call it, Gold Country. Whether you’re looking for restaurant suggestions, fantastic festivals, or even indoor activities near Sacramento, our site has everything you need to complete your stay with us at Eden Vale Inn.
Outdoor Activities near Sacramento in 3, 2, 1:
Three Ways to Get Active
1. One of the most relaxing ways to enjoy the fresh air is by taking a hike. We suggest visiting The Cronan Ranch Regional Trails Park which is filled with paths for hikers of all skill levels. If you visit in the spring, you’ll see gorgeous purple and orange blooms dotting the rolling hills!
2. Race through the rapids along the American River with a whitewater rafting trip. On a warm summer day, this is a fantastic way to get your adrenaline flowing while taking advantage of the great California weather. We’d be happy to schedule your adventure and provide a discount on your excursion. This is the best way to explore the rushing waters!
3. Tee up at the Apple Mountain Golf Resort. Located 10-minutes from the inn, you’ll love taking in the stunning mountain views as you practice your swing. When you reserve our Golf in the Foothills Package, you can even add in a Sierra Foothills Wine Tasting to conclude your day on the green!
Two Activities to Learn About Placerville, CA
1. Wondering why we’re called Gold Country? Take an outdoor excursion to Gold Bug Park and learn about Placerville’s rich history during the gold rush. Tour the 352-foot mine, view demonstrations, and explore two miles of hiking paths to finish off your adventure at the park.
2. Are you brave enough to take an eerie ghost tour? Not only will you learn more about Placerville’s history, but you’ll also get the chance to use devices that detect ghosts firsthand!
One Afternoon Outing at Apple Hill
1. You could easily spend an entire afternoon exploring Apple Hill. Here, you’re welcome to pick delicious apples right off the trees. You can also visit the Boa Vista Orchards to pick up the freshest produce, visit onsite vineyards and wineries, attend featured events, and so much more! This is one of the best excursions to explore outside of the Sacramento area; you’ll never get bored roaming the gorgeous greenery of Apple Hill.
Zero Stress at Eden Vale Inn
To really enjoy these outdoor activities near Sacramento, you have to stay with us at Eden Vale Inn. Our central location is ideal for visiting every excursion on your list, and our serene accommodations will leave you more relaxed than ever. To fully immerse yourself in nature, consider staying in the Cypress Room. Double French doors open up to our thriving green garden and invite you to stroll throughout the lush greenery. For the ultimate tranquil getaway, we invite you to stay with us at Eden Vale Inn.Book Now