Northern California’s Wine Country is brimming with excellent vineyards. This is a blessing and a curse for wine lovers traveling to the Sierra Foothills area. While there are endless options, it can be hard to know which vineyards are the best to visit with your special someone. When you stay with us, David Girard Vineyards is the number one choice. Its prime location, thoughtfully crafted wines, and our inn’s specials make for an effortless day of sipping. Request a copy of our free Vacation Guide for more information on completing your trip to the Sierra Foothills!
Why David Girard Vineyards Is a Must-Visit in the Sierra Foothills
Our inn is surrounded by golden and green rolling formations. Enjoy this beautiful landscape on the short, 10-minute drive to this vineyard when you stay with us. The winery’s close proximity to our inn makes it easy for you to visit for an afternoon wine and cheese tasting, or spend the entire day learning about the vineyard’s history. Make a day trip out of visiting other wineries in Placerville, CA, if you opt for a brief visit!
Diverse Wine Selection
David Girard Vineyards sits on 85 acres of Gold Country soil. This soil, made up of broken-down igneous rock and paired with the climate difference across the vineyard, yields starkly different wines grown from the same foundation. This unique feature of the vineyard is perfect for couples with different tastes in wine. You can admire every flavor from soft whites to spicy Syrahs. Their wines are also available for purchase by the bottle, perfect for popping open while snuggled up next to your room’s fireplace.
Various Tasting Options
The vineyard also offers three different tasting options:
- Select Tasting: This 45-minute tasting is $15 per person and allows each guest to taste six wines while learning about the winemaking process.
- Tour and Cheese Pairing Tasting: This hour and a half tour is held daily Monday through Saturday at 3 p.m and is $28 per person. Upon arrival, you’ll receive a glass of wine before taking an ATV tour across the vineyard and winemaking room. Learn the history of the vineyard and winemaking process along the way. Return to the tasting room for a private wine and cheese pairing where you’ll learn how to create the perfect duo.
- Interactive Tasting Experience: Tasting and Cheese Pairing in the Vineyard: Enjoy the flavors of local wines on Sundays at 3 p.m. for just $28 per person. This tour stops at four significant locations across the vineyard while guests sip and snack on fine wine and cheese. This tour is also more intimate and encourages guests to socialize, discuss what they’ve learned, and share their favorite wines.
Our Placerville, CA, inn offers two wine tour options:
- Wine Club for a Day: This special allows our guests to take a leisurely drive around the Sierra Foothills and receive discounts at 14 select wineries, including David Girard Vineyards. More details about this special are included upon arrival in your welcome packet.
- Chauffeured Wine Tour: This five-hour tour to four local, handpicked wineries is led by your own personal chauffeur and is wholly organized by our inn. Don’t stress about where to go or how you’ll get there because we’ve figured out every little detail for you. We’ve even narrowed your picnic lunch options down to two of our local favorites, The Farm Table or Allez. More information on eligibility and terms can be found on the tour’s page.
Un(Wine)d at Eden Vale Inn
Come back to our inn after visiting the best of Placerville, CA, wineries at David Girard Vineyard. Bring back a bottle and pop it open in our Live Oak room. This accommodation is perfect for couples wanting to get away and enjoy physical and mental relaxation. With a private deck and soaking tub for two, remain unbothered by reality as you reminisce on your day under the clear sky, surrounded by quietly rustling trees atop the foothills.