Explore the beauty of Apple Hill in the summer where the flowers are in full bloom and the vibrant colors of nature decorate the hillsides. There are a wide variety of activities that make a visit all the more worthwhile, including fruit and veggies farms, colorful gardens, and scenic views just waiting for that perfect picture. Be sure to check hours of operation before heading out as hours fluctuate.
Tantalize Your Tastebuds
Fill up on delicious baked goodies and fresh produce at some of the best places to visit in Apple Hill:
- Delfino Farms: A Family owned and operated farm for over 60 years, Delfino specializes in everything from crisp fresh apples to the pies that they go in. Stop by and try one of their famous “walkin” pies named so because they’re perfectly suited for eating on the go!
- Larsen Apple Barn & Bakeshop: Try some of the best all-natural apple and pear juice around at Larsen’s and discover over 20 varieties of apples! Grab goodies at the bakeshop, stop by the deli for a bite, discover their history at the Apple Hill Museum, or explore their beautiful family park with an old mill, waterfall, and grassy fields.
- Rainbow Orchard Farms: Renowned home of the “HOT” apple cider donut, their famous specialty is absolutely worth the trip! They also offer a tantalizing selection of other baked goods as well as homemade jellies, jams, butters, ciders, fresh fruits, and so much more!
Quench Your Thirst
Discover some of the best wineries in the area and try bold new flavors amongst the beauty of Apple Hill in the summer:
- Jack Russel Brewery & Winery: They truly do it all with their status as a brewery, winery, cider house, and meadery all in one! There are so many delicious drinks to sample it’s hard to choose just one, and we highly recommend trying a variety of their refreshing beverages.
- Boeger Winery: Far more than just a winery, Boeger is a destination unto itself with a charming property shaded by grand old trees. Chandeliers hang from branches, delicate pink blossoms adorn the trees, and the gentle babbling of a brook gives the winery a magical feeling like stepping into another world.
- Wofford Acres Vineyards: Featuring a stunning vista of the valley below, Wofford overlooks the American River Gorge and is easily one of the most unique vineyards in the area. Especially gorgeous around sunset with a nice glass of one of their signature estate wines or even a glass of cider made from the juice at Rainbow Orchard Farms!
Make Your Own Beautiful Bouquet
24 Carrot Farm’s U-Pick program is one of the best reasons to visit with various produce from summer onward becoming available as the season progresses, like blackberries and flowers with tomatoes arriving in late summer and pumpkins in early fall. Make a spectacular arrangement that’s all your own using their wide selection of stunning flowers in every color of the rainbow!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Apple Hill? – Apple Hill is a gorgeous area to the east of Eden Vale that happens to be the perfect location to grow all sorts of varieties of apples nestled in the Northern Californian hills. Only a 25 – 30 minute drive from Eden Vale Inn, it’s a great place to visit while you’re here, especially because they have some mouthwatering baked goods that are not to be missed for those with a sweet tooth!
When is the best time to visit Apple Hill? – There’s always something going on during any season and each offers a unique experience. Regardless of the season, we always recommend visiting during midweek to avoid crowds and reduce travel time to and from the inn.
A Charming Home Away From Home
Have an unforgettable getaway in Placerville with a stay at our Northern California bed and breakfast and enjoy Apple Hill in the summer with a comfy and convenient home base right nearby. We have cozy rooms and all the amenities you need for a great stay including spacious king and queen beds, gas fireplaces, and private outdoor soaking tubs, perfect for relaxing after a long day out at Apple Hill! Knowing that midweek is the best time to visit, we’ve put together an exclusive deal for savvy travelers to skip the crowds and save when staying with us during the week. We hope that you will love Apple Hill just as much as we do and that you make wonderful memories to take home with you.